1. Introduction and general terms
This website is operated by IS4 Cryogenics, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 12246510 and with our registered office at Gooch Drive, Southmead Industrial Park, Didcot, OX11 7PR. In this policy “we”, “us” and “our” refer to IS4 Cryogenics. Where we decide the purpose and means for which personal data you supply through this website is processed, we are the “data controller.”
In the UK
Data Protection Manager
Southmead Industrial Park,
- What information we collect about you
- Our lawful basis for processing your data
- Your rights
- How we share your data
- How this applies to customers outside the UK
- Our position on children’s data
- How long we keep your data
- How we keep your data secure
This website contains hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties such as Social Media providers. These third party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit or which are collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of them is at your own risk.
2. What information will Thames Cryogenics collect about me?
We collect and process the following information which may include your personal data.
If you use our website or contact us via another channel.
When you contact us regarding one of our services, the forms you complete may include information about you. This can include your name as the contact point for an organisation, your email address, telephone number and the organisation’s address. We use the following online platforms to communicate with you.
- IS4 Cryogenics website
If you visit our website or social media pages we may collect information regarding your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your service use. The source of the usage data is our analytics tracking system. This usage data may be processed for the purposes of analysing the use of the website and services.
Your contact details will be held within our Customer Relations Manager (CRM) system which is provided by Xero. We process this information so we can deliver the products/services you have requested or to enhance your customer experience with us. We will retain your personal details on our CRM system unless you request them to be deleted.
If you visit our premises
We secure our premises using CCTV services provided by Verisure Ltd. If you visit one of our offices your image may be captured on CCTV and retained for 30 days.
When you email us for further information on topics such the personal information we hold, you may be providing us with additional personal. We only process this in order to fulfil our legal obligations in supplying you the information you have requested. Any data will be deleted 7 years after your request is completed.
All content you submit to us
If you send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content to us, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on IS4Cryogenics.com, We may process your personal data for the purpose of stopping such behaviour.
3. Our lawful basis for processing your data
Under the UK Data Protection Act 2018 and the EU GDPR, the lawful bases we rely on for processing your information are:
(a) We have a contractual obligation – where we are providing or receiving services that require the personal details you have provided.
(b) We have a legal obligation – for business accounting purposes such as issuing or payment of invoices, or in the assertion or protection of legal rights.
(c) We have a legitimate interest. – To ensure the security of our services, or where you have received or indicated an interest in our services.
4. Sharing of Personal Data
We keep your information confidential, but may disclose it to any of our employees, subcontractors, or clients insofar as it is reasonably necessary for the purposes of fulfilling your request for services. This will include sharing your data with our partners Thames Cryogenics where necessary.
In addition, we may disclose your information if we are required to do so by law (which may include to government bodies and law enforcement agencies); in connection with establishing security clearances; with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings; and in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention).
Except as provided above, we will not provide your information to third parties.
5. If you are outside of the UK
If you contact us regarding our services, browse our website, including for analytics and website usage research, and/or agree to receive direct marketing electronic communications as described in this Privacy Notice and our Cookies Notice, your personal data will be processed by us or on our behalf.
We will need to transfer your personal data to our UK offices to enable us to supply the services you have requested.
6. Children under 16 years
We do not process data of anyone under the age of 16. If we find you have provided information relating to individuals under the age of 16 we will immediately delete it.
7. Data Retention Period
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as you are a customer, up to 7 years after we stop providing services to you, or for as long as necessary if we need to retain it longer for warranty or safety purposes.
8. Security of my personal
We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
9. Your rights in relation to personal data which we process relating to you
You have the following rights over the way we process personal data relating to you. We aim to comply without undue delay, and within 30 days at the latest. However, if your request is extensive or complicated, we may require more time to carry out your request. If this is the case, we will inform you without delay.
- The right to access your data – You have the right to request copies of the data we hold on you.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- The right to erasure (Right to be forgotten) – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
To make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office
- If you are unhappy with the way IS4 Cryogenics is processing your personal data, please let us know.
- Or, if you do not agree with the way we have processed your data or responded to your concerns, an alternative is to submit a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office, through their website or by post or live chat. Find out more.
Last updated: Feb 2020